Trying to set a new drive letter for your virual drive and this error shows up?
- Control Panel >> Device Manager
- The drive will be under other devices
- Right mouseclick on the drive >> Update driver software
- Point to C:\Windows\System32
And you driver for your virtual drive will install and now its possible to set new drive letter 😉
If you have security patch 896358 installed or you have Windows 2003 SP1 it is possible that you cannot view .chm files on a remote share.
To fix it you should make a .reg file with the following content:
Run it and viola you should see your content again from a remote share.
I discovered on unusual bug/feature in Vista.
Most of the times it is not possible to “select all” (CTRL+A, etc etc) the files or folders in some directories. Which makes copying a royal pain in the PEEP.
Some other symptoms are:
- Select All option in Edit menu is disabled (greyed-out)
- Mouse highlight over and drag does not work.
Of course I searched the internet looking for people that were having the same problem. There were some suggestions to do a Reset on the folders but that didn’t work for me.
Then I found someone that made a modification to the registry which works. 🙂
- Open Regedit
- Navigate to HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\
- Delete the Bags & BagMRU keys
Windows Explorer should be its normal self again.
Hope this helps.
Today there where 2 words on the Vistablog. “It’s Time”.
Do I need to say more?